Job: Senior Planner / Scheduler
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Mid Management
Req ID: PSS-202008
An opportunity exists in 3P Tech, AB, Canada office for a highly motivated Senior Planner / Scheduler, to join our multidisciplinary team. In this role, you will be responsible for produce & manage a schedule for the greenfield, brownfield, commissioning projects ranging in size and complexity. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical staff. Stakeholder management, interdisciplinary coordination, communication is required soft skills towards developing and maintaining new and existing clients.
- Can manage and produce relevant KPI reports and schedule performance metrics and communicate back to the project team
- Prepare schedule, update reports, and communicate actions with the project team promptly.
- Work proactively to ensure all data is received when required and all reporting is submitted within specified deadlines – KPI reports within Excel which may require additional analysis
- Stakeholder management & participation in business development
- Writing standards & procedures for the subject domain
- Provide strong technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers and technologists.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering deliverables towards schedule.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Construction experience is desirable – scheduling and planning in this space
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams
- Effective communication within the team and with stakeholders
- An experienced user of the relevant Program tools, techniques
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
- Proven success in developing new business with existing clients and maintaining positive relationships.
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to bring a wide variety of stakeholders together to meet tight deadlines.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills.
- The ability to work in English and French is considered an asset.