Job: Project Control Manager
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Mid Management
Req ID: PSS-202008
An opportunity exists in 3P Tech, AB, Canada office for a highly motivated Project Control Manager, to join our multidisciplinary team. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of the project cost control team including cost engineers, planners, and QS for the greenfield, brownfield, commissioning projects ranging in size and complexity. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical staff. Stakeholder management, interdisciplinary coordination, communication is required soft skills towards developing and maintaining new and existing clients.
- Project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
- Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
- Support program integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
- Support and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures, and the standards required to deliver projects.
- Monitor and control program compliance concerning the project’s contractual obligations.
- Can manage and produce relevant KPI reports and schedule performance metrics and communicate back to the project team
- Work proactively to ensure all data is received when required and all reporting is submitted within specified deadlines – KPI reports within Excel which may require additional analysis
- Stakeholder management & participation in business development
- Writing standards & procedures for the subject domain
- Provide strong technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers and technologists.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Ensuring the Project controls team produces weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast, and explanation of variances.
- Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
- Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programs managed across multiple suppliers.
- Experience in the implementation of Earned Value Management based Project Control systems, by relevant national standards
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams
- Effective communication within the team and with stakeholders
- An experienced user of the relevant Program tools, techniques
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
- Proven success in developing new business with existing clients and maintaining positive relationships.
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to bring a wide variety of stakeholders together to meet tight deadlines.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills.
- The ability to work in English and French is considered an asset.