Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Mid Management
Req ID: PM-202008
An opportunity exists in 3P Tech, AB, Canada office for a highly motivated Project Manager, to join our multidisciplinary team. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of projects on time, to cost and to the right level of quality for the greenfield, brownfield, commissioning projects ranging in size and complexity. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical staff. Stakeholder management, interdisciplinary coordination, communication is required soft skills towards developing and maintaining new and existing clients.
- Ensures that the project communicates, reviews and reports progress on all Key Project Milestones
- Responsible for securing, assigning, and maintaining a project delivery team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project.
- Responsible for creating a positive project team working environment
- Ensure that project risks and opportunities are identified, mitigated, and managed
- Participate in the development and improvement of Project Management performance within the business
- Responsible for the delivery of tenders as bid manager.
- Effectively managing change.
- Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
- Identify, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, client procedures, and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Can manage and produce relevant KPI reports and schedule performance metrics and communicate back to the project team
- Stakeholder management & participation in business development
- Writing standards & procedures for the subject domain
- Provide strong technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers and technologists.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering deliverables towards schedule.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, PMP certification is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience EPC environment
- Experience in managing any or all of the following types of projects; multiple small projects, multidisciplinary projects, and design and build projects.
- Experience in supervising and setting contractors/sub-contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team.
- A good understanding of project planning, including scope management, Breakdown Structures, estimating and scheduling
- A good understanding of Project Control, including cost control, schedule adherence, risk management, and change management
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively on project financial issues, margin, profit appraisals
- Ability to participate in and influence commercial decision making
- Ability to effectively form and lead project teams and motivate staff
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams
- Effective communication within the team and with stakeholders
- An experienced user of the relevant Program tools, techniques
- Proven success in developing new business with existing clients and maintaining positive relationships.
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to bring a wide variety of stakeholders together to meet tight deadlines.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills.
- The ability to work in English and French is considered an asset.