Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Mid Management
Req ID: ME-202008
An opportunity exists in 3P Tech Inc. AB, Canada office for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer, to join our multidisciplinary team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical staff. Stakeholder management, interdisciplinary coordination, communication is required soft skills towards developing and maintaining new and existing clients.
- Stakeholder management & participation in business development
- Writing standards & procedures for the subject domain
- Provide strong technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers and technologists.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings, and specifications within the mechanical team.
- Coordinate and be responsible for mechanical engineering drawings and specifications.
- Prepare Technical Specifications and documents for bidding and construction.
- Assist in preparing detailed engineering design calculations when necessary.
- Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams
- Effective communication within the team and with stakeholders
- An experienced user of the relevant Programme tools, techniques
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
- Proven success in developing new business with existing clients and maintaining positive relationships.
- Mechanical design experience of process piping systems considered an asset.
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to bring a wide variety of stakeholders together to meet tight deadlines.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills.
- The ability to work in English and French is considered an asset.